Pre-printed Shipped Bill Of Lading Also Has On Board Notatio

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
nesarul
First Name: Nesarul
Last Name: Hoque
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Pre-printed Shipped Bill Of Lading Also Has On Board Notatio

Post by nesarul » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:24 am

Dear all,
here i furnish below one of my confusion :
Pre-printed "shipped bill of lading" will normally be issued after the shipment occurred and for this reason as per UCP date of issuance will be the date of shipment.
If the same document bears an on board notation in addition to that of date of issuance, I think this bill of lading has got two on board notation. a clear contradiction with the present transport industry practice.
How can I reconcile the above issue?
awating for reply.
thanks
nesar

nhduc

Re: Pre-printed wording

Post by nhduc » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:11 pm

Dear Nesar,

Please read ISBP para. 96 quoted hereunder again.
“If a pre-printed "Shipped on board" bill of lading is presented, its issuance date will be deemed to be the date of shipment unless it bears a separate dated on board notation, in which event the date of the on board notation will be deemed to be the date of shipment whether or not the on board date is before or after the issuance date of the bill of lading.”

From the above wording it is understood that a pre-printed “Shipped on board” bill of lading may or may not bear a separate dated on board notation. In the event it bears a separate dated on board notation, the date of the on board notation will be deemed to be the date of shipment whether or not the on board date is before or after the issuance date of the bill of lading.

Best regards,
Nguyen Huu Duc