Risk Of Sending A Commercial Invoice For A Second Time?

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
lazarus
First Name: alazar
Last Name: hunde
Organization: OIB S.C
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Risk Of Sending A Commercial Invoice For A Second Time?

Post by lazarus » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Hello?

This is what happened; I have received a document under L/C where there is a difference between the Proforma Invoice presented during L/C issuance and the commercial invoice presented. The difference related to the warranty provided by the beneficiary. However, the applicant was willing to collect the documents and payment was made to the negotiating bank. After a while the applicant informed me he requires an adjusted commercial invoice similar with the proforma invoice. The same was communicated to the beneficiary. However, the negotiating bank was not willing to send the adjusted commercial invoice. And are not willing to provide the reason why. Is there any risk to them if they send an adjusted commercial invoice?

mohiuddin
First Name: Mohiuddin
Last Name: Alamgir
Organization: Bank Asia Limited
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Risk of Sending A commercial invoice for a second time

Post by mohiuddin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:17 pm

My question are you sent refusal as per UCP? If yes, then presenting/Nominated Bank correct the pointed discrepancy as per your refusal.
IMO, If bene presented correct Commercial Invoice then presenting/Nominated forward the same to the LC issuing bank. If yes there was NO RISK.
Really I m not clear about adjusted Invoice.

Mohiuddin