Meaning Of "Third Party Bill of Lading Not Acceptable"

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
anwar
First Name: Md. Anwar
Last Name: Hossain
Organization: EXIM Bank of BD Ltd.
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Meaning Of "Third Party Bill of Lading Not Acceptable"

Post by anwar » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:27 pm

What does it mean by a Third party Bill of Lading. If an LC imply a term under 47A that, Third party Bill of Lading are not acceptable then what does it actually mean. My understanding is A Third party Bill of Lading is a Bill of Lading that is not signed by Carrier itself. That is the Bill of Lading is signed by other than Carrier i.e; As Agent or on behalf of the carrier. Ideas on exact ground are welcome as I need to clarify the issue completely. Thanks.

picant

ISBP 745

Post by picant » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:45 am

Hi Pal,

Third party documents(including bill of lading) not acceptable has no meaning in a documentary credit as per ISBP
745 A19 d. Your interpretation was, IMHO, incorrect. The problem of third party originated when the shipper in a transport document was not the beneficiary of the credit, by ISBP 645 it was solved stating that the shpper may be different.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao