Available With Any Bank And Draft On Issuing Bank

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
gegeeee
First Name: Gega CITF, CDCS
Last Name: Topadze
Organization: Bank of Georgia
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Available With Any Bank And Draft On Issuing Bank

Post by gegeeee » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:19 pm

Guys Need you acceptance regarding one case.

Received an LC draft and it shows:

Available with any bank by acceptance.

at the same time LC shows that draft to be drawn on issuing Bank ABC.

My opinion is that it is not correct formulation as Lc available with Bank B by acceptance draft should be drawn on bank B and not Bank ABC.

What do you suggest? and what is correct formulation when LC is available by acceptance with any bank? Should Lc show that draft to be drawn on any bank except issuing bank?

picant

UCP 600

Post by picant » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:45 am

Hi Pal,

in effect UCP 600 do not prohibit a nominated bank to accept a draft in a l/c. Art 12 b and the issuing bank's undertaking to
honor such draft, if not paid at maturity is regulated by art 7 a iv.
Problems arise when nominated bank, acting on its nomination, accept this draft, being its own undertaking it must book the risk, IMHO, a sort of post-confirmation.
Naturally, this scenario will be regulated by local laws.
UCP 600 give banks opportunity to intervene widely then before.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

mano
First Name: ahmed
Last Name: rabea
Organization: societe generale
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

term draft by acceptnce/any bank

Post by mano » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:28 pm

dear,

the credit has been issued incorrectly. as the draft is to be drawn on the issuing bank then only the issuing bank may accept the draft. where the credit stated to be available with any bank by acceptance, filed 42d should state ''nominated bank'' rather than a named bank or 'issuing bank'. in this way, the bank that elects to accept the draft (nominated bank) will be the one on whom the draft is to be drawn.
i refer to new isbp B11 and b12 a ii
the credit is needed to be modified to allow any nominated bank to act and accept the draft if any
nevertheless, the beneficiary has the right to draw on the issuing bank even the issuing bank is not the drawee, if so the beneficiary is waiving their right to have an acceptance by a local bank and therefore are willing to have the acceptance and settlement of the issuing bank.in this event , a draft should only be drawn on the issuing bank if no bank is willing to accept the draft or the beneficiary is intending to present the documents directly to the issuing bank.
i refer to new isbp b12 a iii
i hope this will help

Regards