Discrepancy Accepted By Applicant But Discrepancy Charges Applied Or Not

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
kishorp
First Name: kishor
Last Name: kishor
Organization: chemical industry
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Discrepancy Accepted By Applicant But Discrepancy Charges Applied Or Not

Post by kishorp » Sat May 27, 2017 2:01 am

Dear experts
If lc applicant accept the all discripancies then discripancy charges will be deducted by lc issuing bank or not.

picant

Opinion etc

Post by picant » Tue May 30, 2017 10:21 am

Hi Pal,

usually discrepancy fees are due if the issuing bank(confirming bank) inform the presenting bank as per art 16 etc. If the discrepancy is settled during the 5 days without noticing the presenting bank,
the issuing bank may deduct such charges only if there is a condition on the l/c concering discrepancy fee and the issuing bank inform the presenting bank about discrepancy.
Deducting charges without informing is not corect!
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

Navi
First Name: Olcay
Last Name: Özcan
Organization: Bank

discrepancy fee = additional process fee

Post by Navi » Tue May 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi,

Discrepancy fee is the additional process fee of the issuing bank due to non complying presentation. These processes are generally, advising refuse of docs to presenting bank by swift, informing applicant the matter, seeking their acceptance, holding docs meanwhile, informing reimbursing bank (in some cases), etc...
Therefore, issuing bank charges discrepancy fee when it takes some of the above actions, regardless of the acceptance of documents by applicant.
Regards

kishorp
First Name: kishor
Last Name: kishor
Organization: chemical industry

Post by kishorp » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:52 am

Dear frnds
I did no understand.
Plz clarify me
My que is that
Suppose i m the beneficery i hav presented doc to my importers bank means lc issuing bank.
Bank raises discripancies and ask to applicant to waiver
Applicant accept all the disc and give approval letter i mean waiver.
Now my que is that i will get my proceed deducted with disc charges or will get full payment

RAGUNATH
First Name: RAGUNATH
Last Name: S
Organization: ING VYSYA BANK

Post by RAGUNATH » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi

You will get your proceeds after deducting the discrepancy fee. Basically this fee is to accept the documents by the issuing bank with discrepancy
Regards
Ragunath S