Draft At Usance But Available By Payment

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
dds
First Name: daud
Last Name: darmawan
Organization: banker
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Draft At Usance But Available By Payment

Post by dds » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:41 am

hi all,

i have a question, our applicant requested by their seller to issue LC usance but available with restricted nomination bank by payment. it is possible and workable and if it is possible , can you explain the flow?

thank you very much before

best regards

cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank

Usance or sight

Post by cristiand969 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:27 pm

There is insufficient information provided so as one can give a right answer.
However, as per one scenario, the parties presumably negotiated the L/C on deferred payment basis but the seller wants to get advantage of a sight payment and therefore asked so.
Since I haven' t see the exact wording of the L/C , but seen how in practice works that clause I can say that
negotiating bank is authorized to reimburse itself on sight basis by sending usance draft to a reimbursing bank already authorized by issuing bank to pay at sight (to discount that draft). It remains for you to determine who is to bear the reimbursement discounting charges: benef or applicant?

L59099
First Name: Len
Last Name: Nguyen
Organization: shb

it may be usance LC (UPAS LC)

Post by L59099 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:13 am

in this scenario, it may be UPAS LC (usance Lc but payable at sight). The wording is normally stated in field 78 + 42c