Information To Instruct The Advising Bank

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
vampiremind
First Name: mode
Last Name: user
Organization: banking
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Information To Instruct The Advising Bank

Post by vampiremind » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:45 pm

our privet bank has been informed by the local gov central bank when issuing a L/C to instruct the beneficiary to provide the follwing print on all boxes containg its item:
(confirm that applicant's name , L/CREDITS, product components , their production date which have to be recent, and actual expiry date must be labeled on all carton-boxes containing the items')

my question is on which field to add this clause when issuing the letter of credit on MT 700

thanks

picant

Field 46

Post by picant » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Hi Pal,

I think that the only document that you can require, in field 46, is:
-Beneficiary declaration that all carton-boxes, containing the items, have been labelled with applicant's name, l/credits no. product components, their production date and expiry date(min. 3 mths, 1 years fm date od shipment......).
considering art 34 UCP 600 too.
If necessary an independent agency or a carrier agent may issue a similar declaration to enforce it.
Other comments appreciated. Ciao

vampiremind
First Name: mode
Last Name: user
Organization: banking
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Post by vampiremind » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:52 pm

thanks for your prompt reply
do you mean that I have to add another item under field 46A requesting the beneficiary to allow this condition to be made when preparing doc's and dispatching the goods
thanks

picant

Yes...

Post by picant » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:58 pm

Hi Pal,

remember that banks check documents but have no liability about the action of seller.
Ciao