Appended Declaration To Bill Of Lading

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
moneo
First Name: MOUSA
Last Name: ALMOUSA
Organization: ALAWWAL BANK
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Appended Declaration To Bill Of Lading

Post by moneo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Dears,

Could you please advise, we required appended declaration to bill of lading in our lc as applicant
Usually beneficiary reject this requirement and request to delete such clause.
Is there any extra cost for such certificate on beneficiary or shipping companies refuse to issue this certificate or there is other reason

Thanks in advance

cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank

Appended declaration

Post by cristiand969 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:21 am

I've seen such requirement in L/C for shipments to Saudia Arabia (To Jeddah or Dammam ports)
Since the Appended declaration is required to be notarized by a notary public or legalised by Saudia Arabia Consulate/Embassy in benef' country it, of course, involves high cost for the beneficiary.
On the other hand, shipping companies are reluctant in releasing such document as the credit terms requires for this document besides the vessel leaving the port of loading, the onward vessel which is not always the estimated vessel.
May I ask you what is the purpose of this appended declaration and why it is really required in all credits coming from Saudi Arabia?
Thx.

snejiblajeva
First Name: Snezhina
Last Name: Blazheva
Organization: Pupil's net

Appended declaration

Post by snejiblajeva » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:14 pm

Hello,
This clause is discriminative and I think it is better to stay outside the LC - the ben and the app have to negotiate outside the lc and to arrange this matter.
Regards,

cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank

why is discriminative

Post by cristiand969 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:22 am

snejiblajeva wrote:Hello,
This clause is discriminative and I think it is better to stay outside the LC - the ben and the app have to negotiate outside the lc and to arrange this matter.
Regards,
Please comment why is discriminative ! I'd like to have many opinions in this matter! Thx!

moneo
First Name: MOUSA
Last Name: ALMOUSA
Organization: ALAWWAL BANK

APPENDED DECLARATION TO BILL OF LADING

Post by moneo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:37 pm

Dears,
Thanks a lot for sharing your opinion, we consider the risk coming from the historical information related to vessel
previous name, and flag, shipping line and ownership.
Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency assigned such condition to avoid the possibility of Saudi customs to reject any coming vessel to Saudi cost.
I would disagree calling this condition as discrimination, mitigating such risk is all parties benefits