Requested Documents On L/C Under DDP Warehouse

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
SANUSILAMIN
First Name: ALSUNOUSI
Last Name: LAMEEN
Organization: NOC, LIBYA
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Requested Documents On L/C Under DDP Warehouse

Post by SANUSILAMIN » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:05 am

Dear Experts

Kindly you are requested to inform me about my documents should I requested on L/C under DDP our warehouse not sea port or air port and the agreement which signed with the vendor showen Inland transportation fees so that we are not be able to request BL or AWB.
As usual when we recived the goods at warehouse we issued RMR Receiving Material Report
The question there Do I indicate the Lc show this indoor doc ? Is it be acceptable especially benf's bank in Neterlands.

I am waiting your soon reply.
Regards.

picant

Re: REQUESTED DOCUMENTS ON L/C UNDER DDP WAREHOUSE

Post by picant » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:12 am

Hi Pal,

your bank will be able toinform you about the documents in case of Incoterms DDP.
Delivery of goods at your warehouse, so it is there where your liability starts but in case of l/c
it is advisable to require documents concerning insurance etc.
Ask your bank !

saikumar1208
First Name: Sai kumar
Last Name: Chintakuntla
Organization: Na

Post by saikumar1208 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:21 am

DDP: importer will have least responsibility. Export and import duties, transportation charges, to be beared by beneficiary. Liability of applicant will be only upon the delivery of goods at applicants premises

picant

Post by picant » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi Pals,

not all Incoterms are suitable for payment by l/c.
In case of DDP, you may pay when the goods leave the exporting Country and so receive damaged supply having no possibility to be reimbursed by the seller nor the insurance, without legal action.
I have customers that always ask insurance policy or certificate in this case.
Other comments appreciated.
Ciao

cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank

Post by cristiand969 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:34 pm

DDP or DAP and L/C act against each other...
This is because sets may be presented, as Picant said, once the goods leave the exporter warehouse like CPT condition.
Alternatively, if you want to have DDP effective, (risks and charges pass upon the handing over the goods at applicant warehouse) you have to require a countersigned documents proving receipt of goods. But this is against the independence of the L/C and generally against benef's acceptance of this clause. Therefore a CIP condition is a fair one
Regards
C