How to issue Bill of Lading

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
AdmirolasKopa
First Name: LVY
Last Name: VYL
Organization: private
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

How to issue Bill of Lading

Post by AdmirolasKopa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:51 pm

Hi I decided to register to this great forum, to see maybe you guys can give me a tip.

I have a situation in between my trades I have a possibility to make some freight forwarding activities.
Today I'm facing a situation that I would like to make my own bill of lading and don't want to make make a mistake.
Reason I want to do it is that I would like to hide the actual consolidation company who is making me a shipment.
I read about Bill of ladings rules and etc and I still not 100% sure what is required from me.

Can I just print my own B/L give a number and sign it on behalf of Consolidation company or carrier ????
Please advice:

When do I need to write:
1. ONLY AS AGENT
2. ONLY AS AGENT ON BEHALF OF

I would appreciate for more info from you all. Thank you

cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Re: How to issue Bill of Lading

Post by cristiand969 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:33 pm

I think this forum does not cover legal issues in connection with applicable maritime law!
It covers indeed the situations and queries as to how a B/L should be made out, but only from UCP600 perspective and not from the perspective of legal implications!
brgds