Guidance for Bill of Exchange

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
kapsdubai
First Name: Po
Last Name: Ka
Organization: Kapsdubai
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Guidance for Bill of Exchange

Post by kapsdubai » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:53 pm

I have a confirmed LC opened by Bank A in Africa. It is confirmed by Bank B in Europe. As there is no relation between 2 banks, their is reimbursing bank C from USA defined by LC opening bank. The LC is advised to Beneficiary by Bank D in UAE.

MY query is who should be Drawee in the Bill of Exchange. Bank B or Bank C or Bank A. There is no mention of Clause 42 A or 42D in the LC.

Information:-
40B : Adding our confirmation
52A : Bank A
41A : Bank B; By Payment
49 : Without
53A : Bank C

picant

Re: Guidance for Bill of Exchange

Post by picant » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi Pal,

The l/c is available with Bank B, by payment and confirmed, so documents will be paid by Bank B,
funds will be claimed by Bank B to Bank C, but Bank B will be liable for the funds even if not received by the Bank C, due to confirmation. Drafts or Bills of exchange are not required.
Other comments appreciated-ciao.

Navi
First Name: Olcay
Last Name: Özcan
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Re: Guidance for Bill of Exchange

Post by Navi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi friend,

I agree with picant.

As LC available by payment, and fields 42A and 42D not mentioned, then no draft required.