RIGHTS OF APPLICANT AGAINST THE ISSUING BANK

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
vtmtrading
First Name: VAHID
Last Name: TOHIDI MONFARED
Organization: BANK MELLI IRAN
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

RIGHTS OF APPLICANT AGAINST THE ISSUING BANK

Post by vtmtrading » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:57 pm

HI,
I have a question:
If the NEG banks sends the docs on approval basis of as complying, and the issuing bank finds the docs complied and then pays to neg bank and then release the docs to applicant, But the applicant finds discrepancies in docs, dose the applicant the right to recourse to Issuing bank and claim its money because of issuing bank fault?

If the applicant has the aforesaid right, pls let me know the legal references.
Thanks

picant

Re: RIGHTS OF APPLICANT AGAINST THE ISSUING BANK

Post by picant » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi Pal,

theoretically the applicant should require the issuing bank reason for having accepted not compliant documents. I dare say under which article of UCP etc. Probably applicantt dissent would refer to
goods quantity or quality, that are outside the l/c. An issuing bank in delivering l/c documents will
require the applicant to sign an acceptance of documents, even if they will be found discrepant in
the near future.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

Reetika
First Name: Reetika
Last Name: Prasad
Organization: ANZ
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Re: RIGHTS OF APPLICANT AGAINST THE ISSUING BANK

Post by Reetika » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:46 pm

vtmtrading wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:57 pm
HI,
I have a question:
If the NEG banks sends the docs on approval basis of as complying, and the issuing bank finds the docs complied and then pays to neg bank and then release the docs to applicant, But the applicant finds discrepancies in docs, dose the applicant the right to recourse to Issuing bank and claim its money because of issuing bank fault?

If the applicant has the aforesaid right, pls let me know the legal references.
Thanks
Yes applicant has right to recourse to issuing bank as issuing bank has given its separate undertaking to applicant to honour a complying presentation but as the presentation is not compliant and applicant has also received the document and they will check it for compliance according to their instructions which they provided to issuing bank and docs requirements.