Transferable LC

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
futuremobile
First Name: Graham
Last Name: Davies
Organization: Future Mobile Techno
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Transferable LC

Post by futuremobile » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi, I have 2 questions regarding transferable LC's:

1) If I receive a transferable LC, can I add more documents required to clause 46A when I transfer it to my supplier?

2) Can I change the place of expiry?

Thank-you.

Rgds
Graham

picant

Re: Transferable LC

Post by picant » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:10 am

Hi Pal,

the transferring bank may allowed presentation of some documents by the second beneficiary if this action does not alter the l/c risk. I think that a 100% transfer may change the place of expiry and documents may be presented by the second beneficiary's bank directly to issuing bank(art 38 k).
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Re: Transferable LC

Post by cristiand969 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:46 pm

The requirement of presentation of other documents than provided by original L/C may alter the undertaking of transferring bank which may be held liable before second beneficiary for not respecting art.38 g. In what manner such additional documents are to be handled between transferring bank and issuing bank since, until the honoring the presentation, the documents are the (second) beneficiary's property?