Freight Prepaid & Goods Delivery After Realization Of Cheque

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Md.zakir Hossen

Freight Prepaid & Goods Delivery After Realization Of Cheque

Post by Md.zakir Hossen » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:04 pm

A Bill of lading which indicates "freight paid" (as required by the credit) but then states in the per-printed text on the face of the bill of lading "for freight prepaid bill of lading, delivery of goods is subject to realization of cheque"?

Is it acceptable?

nesarul
First Name: Nesarul
Last Name: Hoque
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Re: Freight paid

Post by nesarul » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Dear Zakir Bhai,
Long time no see in the forum. The bill of lading is acceptable, similar ICC official opinion is TA-642 (rev).
Thanks
nesar

Md.zakir Hossen

Post by Md.zakir Hossen » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:10 pm

Dear nesarul
I am available in this forum on every Friday and Saturday.In other days I remain busy at office till 9PM.Sometimes I browse the forum at 10 PM.
Another thing Nesar, How could you memorize all this ICC opinion.You are right this topic is forum ICC opinion.Just to share with other I post this topic.And frequently I do this.Probably You understand it better.

nesarul
First Name: Nesarul
Last Name: Hoque
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Post by nesarul » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:14 pm

Dear Zakir Bhai,
I am not as much good as you mentioned here. Co-incedently,The ICC official opinion what I mentioned in your posted query, is very much likely to me. :twisted: :geek:
thanks
nesar

Mehdi

Post by Mehdi » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:29 am

Such wording as "for freight prepaid bill of lading, delivery of goods is subject to realization of cheque" may be inserted by the carrier to keep it free from non realization of freight charges. such is found when shipments under CFR booked with career on credit basis.

Regards.........Mehdi