COVID-19 Pandemic

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
imkhurshed
First Name: Khurshed
Last Name: Alam
Organization: National Bank Ltd.
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

COVID-19 Pandemic

Post by imkhurshed » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:05 pm

Dear Experts
How can a Bank protect itself during the recent Coronavirus epidemic almost all over the world in following cases:
1. During issuance of LC
2. Negotiation of documents
3. Discounting of Bill &
So many Trade Transactions

Valuable opinion solicited

TaiOanlan
First Name: Luke
Last Name: Yo
Organization: FI
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Re: COVID-19 Pandemic

Post by TaiOanlan » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:27 pm

I guess all questions are related to credit analysis matter which Trade Finance Sales and Relationship Managers and Credit department to sort it out.
Need to see how applicant's financial status is during this Wuhan virus pandemic in case of issuance of a L/C.
I have not heard any unusual situation in shipping industry so far. Therefore, shipment is no issue.
As for a beneficiary bank which is in a position of dispatching document via courier service, bank needs to check with courier company whether delivery is normal status or not. As far as I am concerned, DHL has limited service in some countries and limit number of flight per day.

Regards,