B/L showing only Place of Receipt and Precarriage by, silent with Port of Loading and Vessel Name

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
kamijo69
First Name: Izzan
Last Name: Ferdi
Organization: Indonesia
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

B/L showing only Place of Receipt and Precarriage by, silent with Port of Loading and Vessel Name

Post by kamijo69 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi all,
I want to have your concern about this matter,
L/C asks for Original 3/3 full sets B/L, with field 44E: any port in China, 44F: Semarang, Indonesia
3/3 full sets of B/L presented with Precarriage-by box filled with vessel A, Place of receipt: Yansha, China
Vessel name/voyage and Port of Loading box is empty,

There's an onboard notation stating laden on board date XXXXXX with vessel name A, no statement about Port of Loading

Is this a discrepancy? Can I have a basis for statement with ISBP 745 E6.c(ii) and/or E6.e ?
Thank you

picant

Re: B/L showing only Place of Receipt and Precarriage by, silent with Port of Loading and Vessel Name

Post by picant » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:27 pm

Hi Pal,

IMHO, port of loading is missing.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

kamijo69
First Name: Izzan
Last Name: Ferdi
Organization: Indonesia

Re: B/L showing only Place of Receipt and Precarriage by, silent with Port of Loading and Vessel Name

Post by kamijo69 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:45 am

picant wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:27 pm
Hi Pal,

IMHO, port of loading is missing.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao
Hi there, yes the B/L showing PoL box is empty and no other info regarding PoL on B/L.
Only Place of receipt is filled: Yansha China

The nego bank argue:
''B/L shows only one vessel name and the place of receipt is filled with port name as per l/c (Yansha, China, L/C ask PoL any port in China). Please be noted the B/L is silent with regards vessel field and port of loading which means that goods are shipped in the vessel named in the B/L and from the port mentioned under place of receipt. since this complies with the UCP requirement, there is no need for a B/L to evidence onboard notation with PoL along with date and vessel name. whatever shown at the bottom of the B/L is an additional information -> this 'refer to statement ''laden on board, date, Yansha China'', for me this is a onboard notation, not an additional info

Is this argument is clear and make sense?

picant

Post by picant » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi Pals,

in effect ISBP 745 E6 e, as indicated in the initial question, states that an on board notation
suffices to a correct completation of the b/l. Concerning the named vessel I'd prefer to see
the vessel name as part of the notation, but this is only my opinion.
Ciao

TaiOanlan
First Name: Luke
Last Name: Yo
Organization: FI

Post by TaiOanlan » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:17 am

One can answer completely only by actually looking into the presented B/L. Since “Pre-carriage” box is filled and only place of receipt is filled, it’s possible that there is another vessel is involved based on the fact that B/L indicated “pre-carriage”. If nothing else, port of loading is missing which is a problem as far as I’m concerned.

Regards,