Endorsement of Bill of Exchange

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
RAJESH.S
First Name: RAJ
Last Name: S
Organization: BANK
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Endorsement of Bill of Exchange

Post by RAJESH.S » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Dear Friends,
When we as Remitting banks or Negotiating banks receive bills of exchange under LC bills/ Doc Colln bills which states ".... pay to the order of (our bank) USD...." in the text of the bill of exchnage which is drawn on the drawee/Issuing bank, we endorse the B/Exch as "Pay to the order of any bank, banker or trust Company".
Would appreciate if I could have your expert opinion/explanations on the actual meaning/implication of the endorsement.
Thanks a Ton!
Regards
Raj

ponnuss
First Name: PONNUSAMY
Last Name: SELVAGANAPATHY
Organization: OFSS
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Endorsement on Bill of Exchange

Post by ponnuss » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Dear Rajesh

There is no need for Bill of Exchange if it is under LC. It has been a clear guideline that LCs should not be issued with condition that it is available by Drafts drawn on the applicant.

However endorsement as suggested by you does not seem to be a problem at all.

You will get more response if your raise this in 'Linked-in' forum on 'Trade Finance'.

Regards