How Customer can claim the refund to Bank without BL

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
shapla
First Name: shapla
Last Name: bari
Organization: MGH Group
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

How Customer can claim the refund to Bank without BL

Post by shapla » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:41 pm

This is an exceptional case where Customer has already exchanged D/O by first O/BL( with proper bank endorsed) to agent at destination Chittagong , Bangladesh. But only at delivery point (ctg port), Customer realized the wrong commodity has been shipped out by the exporter. Customs hold the delivery soon after scrutinizing the same. hence, no way by the Customer to take the wrong goods at his premises. Neither Customer interested on doing so. If Customer wants to claim back the money refund from local AD Bank, what would be the Banks(AD) stand on such refund claim? Does bank need the O/BL or they will follow the issuing bank instruction following shippers statement? any banker at Bangladesh might help me to answer this inquiry.

H'ever, since Local AD bank is holding two more OB/L, hence Bank can refund back the amount upon Customers written letter on the same. Please make me correct if I am wrong.

Regards/Shapla