Release MB/L or Surrender MB/L ?

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
susmitagolam
First Name: susmita
Last Name: golam
Organization: seagate logistics
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Release MB/L or Surrender MB/L ?

Post by susmitagolam » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:13 pm

Dear all,

I work in a Freight Forwarding company. I do always have confusion regarding Release MB/L and Surrender MB/L. Hope you will help me to identify this.

Ques.1) Shippers sometimes Release the MB/L. And send Original of both HB/L & MB/L to consignee (destination) to take delivery of the goods. (We collect the Original MB/L from Carrier and provide this to Shipper.)
My question is why and when a shipper Releases the MB/L ? Does L/C conditions related in this issue?

Ques. 2) Shippers sometimes Surrender the MB/L here (loading port). Shipper only send original HB/L to consignee (destination) and take delivery of the goods with that; does not need MB/L this time. (Carrier send us surrender message (telex message). )
My question is why and when a shipper Surrender the MB/L at loading port? Does L/C conditions related in this issue?

Shipper always take decision Whether to Release MB/L or Surrender MB/L. How can I understand in advance that this shipment, MB/L is going to be released or Surrendered?

Thanks in advance for helping me to find out.

Susmita Golam
Bangladesh