Deliver Documents Against First Partial Payment

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
Abdelssalam
First Name: abdelssalam
Last Name: ben hassan
Organization: fglb
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Deliver Documents Against First Partial Payment

Post by Abdelssalam » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:24 pm

dear experts..

we received dox for collection on term ( deliver the documents against payment) and followed by the condition partial payment is allowed ...
my question is : is it allowed to deliver the orginal dox to the drawee against the first partial payment ,or hold the dox pending further instructions from the remitting bank?

regards

picant

URC 522

Post by picant » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:09 am

Hi Pal,

read well art 19 b URC 522:
-in respect of documentary collections, partial payments will only be accepted if specifically authorised in the collection instruction. However, unlessotherwise instructed, the presenting bank will release the documents to the drawee only after full payment has been received, and the presenting bank will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of any delay in the delivery of documents.
--
So cash full amount before delivering documents.

Ciao