Collecting Bank Fwd Docs To Other Bank

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
VITA
First Name: VITA
Last Name: LAZDINA
Organization: BANK
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Collecting Bank Fwd Docs To Other Bank

Post by VITA » Mon May 09, 2016 4:36 pm

Dear colleagues-
Pls provide an opinion of the following situation:

As per principal's instructions, we sent a documentary collection to a bank X. Receved acknowledgement in return.
After some time period on our request of status update, bank X replied, that collection was forwd to bank Y as per drawee's instructions and, as the drawee is not their customer, the file is closed...
No further information, no references, no data provided. Nothing.

How is this possible and to which article of URC522 this relates? Is this in compliance with URC522?
What should be our next steps in this regard?

Thank You in advance,
Vita

picant

URC 522

Post by picant » Wed May 11, 2016 5:34 pm

Hi Pal,

usually the principal indicates to the remitting bank, the name of the collecting bank.
Nowadays, due to AML, KYC and other rules, some banks avoid to send directly documents to the collecting bank, not correspondent, but they prefer to forward documents to correspondent banks in the drawee's Country. Furtherly the correspondent bank will send documents to the presenting bank.
URC 522 have excluded some bank responsabilities , if banks act in this way.
URC 522 art 5 d) e) f) + art 11 a) b) c).

Please ask for documentation exchanged between bank X and bank Y, then investigate if the goods have been already delivered etc.
Having no idea of the Countries involved, I cannot say anymore.

Other comments appreciated

Ciao