What are the options is collection shows wrong drawee name

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
TradeLaporte
First Name: ART
Last Name: TRATADOLIBRE
Organization: Trade Co
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

What are the options is collection shows wrong drawee name

Post by TradeLaporte » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:17 am

Dear members

What are the remedies when documentary collection is received showing drawee s name incorrect and the remitting bank is not amending the name transaction. Is DA. Customer claim drawee is subsidiary .

Your opinions appreciate

Gul
First Name: Gul
Last Name: G.
Organization: Trading Company

advice

Post by Gul » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:12 pm

theoretically it is not necessary for the drawee to be the customer of the collecting bank.
and it is logically that the subsidiary of your customer is a separate legal entity.
if the subsidiary is not a customer of yours then documents still can be presented to them.
in your case i advice you simply to present the documents to the subsidiary.

LLawrence
First Name: Linda
Last Name: Lawrence
Organization: NA

Re: What are the options is collection shows wrong drawee name

Post by LLawrence » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:29 am

Collection bank can send a cable and advise the correct name. Remiting bank must provide a reason why they can't change. IF it is a subsidiary then it should not be a problem to conduct the transaction