Documents Sent To Foreign Country But BL Not Endorsed

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
TradeLaporte
First Name: ART
Last Name: TRATADOLIBRE
Organization: Trade Co
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Documents Sent To Foreign Country But BL Not Endorsed

Post by TradeLaporte » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:10 pm

what will be a good solution when documents under a DA where sent to a foreign country for clearance but find out by Maersk Line thatt he BL has not been endorsed by the bank. In this collection the remitting bank make a wrong decision the BL was to the order and remitting bank endorsed to the presenting Bank which it should not happen presenting bank released documents by courier to a foreign country destination and missed to endorser.

Is there any chance the Maersk acccept an email authorization to endorse the BL on behalf the presenting bank?

your comments appreciate it

picant

Ihave understood....

Post by picant » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:33 am

Hi Pal,

I have understood that the bank has not endorsed the bill of lading that is already at presenting bank' office.
In this case the remitting bank must send a swift message or a tested telex authorizing said bank to endorse the bill of
lading for its account.
The bank receiving this message will endorse the bill of lading on behalf of said bank.
I think that an unauthenticated message, e.g. MT999 could suffice.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

TradeLaporte
First Name: ART
Last Name: TRATADOLIBRE
Organization: Trade Co

Docs to foreign country but BL not endorsed

Post by TradeLaporte » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:42 am

Ciao and Thanks Picant. Allow me clarify my issue we were the presenting bank docs released to a broker in a foreign country BL consigned to order but remitting bank endorsed to us a clear mistake docs in possession of broker . Will then act on behalf of
Our request to endorse BL and hAve the issue resolve

picant

Sorry

Post by picant » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi Pal,

in Italy an endorsement could be cancelled and re-proposed, I mean: if the Bank in a foreign Country has endorsed the bill of lading uncorrectly, it may cancel
the endorsement and provide a new, correct endorsement, the old one remains null and void.
Frankly I dont know if such action is possible worldwide.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

WanDan
First Name: Wan
Last Name: Dan
Organization: Bank

Cancellation of BL endorsement

Post by WanDan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi,

Picant is absolutely right. Whether you can cancel/amend an endorsement depends on local law.

Cheers,
Dan