NEED URGENT HELP --- ANY PORT IN UAE

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
KAMRANTAMBOLI
First Name: KAMRAN
Last Name: TAMBOLI
Organization: UIS
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

NEED URGENT HELP --- ANY PORT IN UAE

Post by KAMRANTAMBOLI » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:24 pm

Dears,

LC states : 44E:any main port in UAE.

BL stated the port of loading : DUBAI,UAE

bank has raised the discrepancy as BILL OF LADING SHOWING PORT OF LOADING AS DUBAI, UAE INSTEAD OF ACTUAL PORT OF LOADING

we refuted on the basis of below clause but bank is not ready to accept it and they asked to provide revised BL with actual port of loading name. this is first time we are facing such discrepancy despite negotiated so many docs earlier with the same content.

as per ISBP clause
D10) When a credit indicates a geographical area or range of places of receipt, dispatch, taking in
charge, ports of loading or airports of departure (for example, “Any European Country” or “Hamburg,
Rotterdam, Antwerp Port”), a multimodal transport document is to indicate the actual place of receipt,
dispatch, taking in charge, port of loading or airport of departure, which is to be within that geographical
area or range of places. A multimodal transport document need not indicate the geographical area.

my question is here can we mention only city name in port of loading field instead of actual port of loading.

as per my understanding city name is also fine if it is located within that geographical area or range of places. pls correct me with reference if i am wrong. and also advise it is valid discrepancy or not.

thanks in advance

picant

Re: NEED URGENT HELP --- ANY PORT IN UAE

Post by picant » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:14 pm

Hi Pal,

By requiring any main port in UAE, the issuing bank asked for a bill of lading showing a port of loading in UAE, Dubai has three ports and one of these ports had to insert in the proper box; Jebel Ali, Mina Rashid or Mina Al Hamriyah. The carrier knew that.
I have a note: if the l/c indicated Dubai Port, the bill of lading would be acceptable.
Other comments appreciated

Ciao