ONE OR TWO INSURACE POLICY PRESENTED

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
likalika83
First Name: lika
Last Name: lika
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

ONE OR TWO INSURACE POLICY PRESENTED

Post by likalika83 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:47 am

ACCORDING TO THE UCP ART28 b. " WHEN THE INS DOC INDICATES THAT IT HAS BEEN ISSUED IN MORE THAN ONE ORIGINAL, ALL ORIGINALS MUST BE PRESENTED ".
WE ARE ISSUING BANK AND RECEIVE THE NEGO DOCS ONLY ONE I/P PRESENTED AND THE I/P SHOWS ONE ORIGINAL ISSUED.
ACCORDING THE UCP, I THINK ONE I/P PRESENTED IS ENOUGH.

OUR L/C FIELD 46A: + INSURANCE POLICY OR CERTIFICATE IN 2/2 ORIGINAL FORM, BLANK .....
HOWEVER OUR L/C REQUEST " 2/2 " ORIGINAL FORM, SO WE THINK THE I/P STILL NEED 2 ORIGINAL FORM PRESENTED, IS IT REASONABLE ?

BEST REGARDS,

picant

Re: ONE OR TWO INSURACE POLICY PRESENTED

Post by picant » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi Pal,

ISBP 745, para K8 states: When a credit requires the insurance document to be issued in more than one original, or when the insurance document indicates that it has been issued in more than one original, all originals are to be presented and are to appear to have been signed.
So presentatiion is discrepant! One question: reason to require 2/2 originals?
Let us know-ciao