Bill of lading

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
dinesh2476
First Name: Dinesh Kumar
Last Name: ...
Organization: Chrome
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Bill of lading

Post by dinesh2476 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:36 pm

Hi Expert,

Seek your guidance.

E(6) e. the named port of loading, as required by the credit, should appear in the port of loading field on a bill of lading. However, it may also be stated in the field headed '' place of receipt..............or words of similar effect'

Bill of lading evidence XXXXX(port) under the place of receipt and port of loading left blank.

Bill of lading evidence on board notation xxxxxxxxx

And in the bottom of the bill of lading, it states '' port of loading is mentioned in the field place of receipt''

Pls advise on board notation with the date alone acceptable keeping in mind only one port is mentioned in either of the field places of receipt /port of loading or

per ISBP e(6) g. elaborate information should be given like goods were shipped on board a named vessel at the port stated under place of receitpt?

Thanks & Regards
Dinesh Kumar

picant

Re: Bill of lading

Post by picant » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:36 pm

HI Pal,

I have to find, in my archive, a bill of lading with place of receipt, vessel name but omitting the port of loading, but I remember that a complete on board notation occurred, date, port and vessel name, but also scattered in the corp of bill of lading..
In case of credit requiring " any european port" or the like, the true port must be indicated, i think without investigating if the port is in the required area, one ICC opinion stated that Antwerpen -Belgium was in the required area even if not correct from geographical point of view.
Other comments appreciated.
Ciao