Demurrage

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
pablo
First Name: pablo
Last Name: rabizi
Organization: none
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Demurrage

Post by pablo » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:51 pm

I'd like to know which is the international standard banking practice about demurrage charges on bill of lading.
Thanks and rgds

picant

Demurrage

Post by picant » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi Pal,

Art 26 UCP 600 is speaking about the additional charges in a transport document, but it refers to specific additional charges that someone has to pay. Demurrage are costs not showed in a bill of lading, may be you refer to the ontainer demurrage that some carrier/shipping line indicated in their bill of lading. but they refer to eventual delay in delivery of the empty container. I think that demurrage costs and other expenses or allowances; Despatch money, time saved/time lost sheet etc, are a freight problem outside an l/c.

Other comments appreciated

Ciao

iLC

i agree

Post by iLC » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:26 pm

i agree with the answer. however sometimes the LC requires bill of lading to show few days free time.