Last shipment date / LC

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Tregru
First Name: Morten
Last Name: Torlei
Organization: Trendmark AS
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Last shipment date / LC

Post by Tregru » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi,

I will be very happy if someone can help me on this one:

My order has been delayed - the goods have been delivered to harbour at date, but the vessel will leave harbour 4 days after Last shipment day.

Is last shipment day the day it is delivered at harbour, or the day the vessel loeavs harbour?

Best regards Morten

mia vervacke
First Name: Mia
Last Name: Vervacke
Organization: x

Last shipment date / LC

Post by mia vervacke » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:19 pm

Last shipment date is the 'on board date' as mentioned on the bill of lading. I refer to UCP 600 art. 20 a ii:

The date of issuance of the bill of lading will be deemed to be the date of shipment unless the bill of lading contains an on board notation indicating the date of shipment, in which case the date stated in the on board notation will be deemed to be the date of shipment.

kadir
First Name: Kadir
Last Name: D
Organization: Bank

ISBP PAR.96

Post by kadir » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Agree with Mia vervacke, latest shipnment date is "on board date" as per UCP 600 art.20a ii and ISBP Par.96
+
pAR.96. If a pre-printed "Shipped on board" bill of lading is presented, its issuance date will be deemed to be the date of shipment unless it bears a separate dated on board notation, in which event the date of the on board notation will be deemed to be the date of shipment whether or not the on board date is before or after the issuance date of the bill of lading.
+
Rgrds

Tregru
First Name: Morten
Last Name: Torlei
Organization: Trendmark AS

Thanks

Post by Tregru » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:05 am

Thanks to you both for good and detailed answers!

Regards Morten