what is an identified carrier???? - urgent

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
ramisy2k

what is an identified carrier???? - urgent

Post by ramisy2k » Tue May 04, 2010 11:57 pm

Dear Mr. Mujeeb

Thanks for your reply. But sorry, i could not understand anything. I attach a copy of the BL

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9919/oblr.jpg

, that is a house BL from a forwarder, my questions are:

1. can we present this OBL under an LC to make sure the BL is not discrepant?

2. The forwarder has stamped it and also mentioned "as Agents". is it ok?

3. if this is not ok then what else should be mentioned? who should sign and stamp it?

a: "As agent for or on behalf of the carrier"

b: Can "Top Most Shipping LLC" be considered in this BL?

LC calls for a full set of clean on board ocean bill of lading.

Please note that red line, it says this is house BL, should we ask chop it and make a round stamp?

Also, please clarify the following points:

1. What does it mean by carrier? Does it mean "vessel", "agent" or "shipping line"? what does UCP say about it?

2. What does it mean by "identified carrier"? does it mean a "named shipping line"

I need urgent help, gurus....please advise..

regards

Asim

iLC

copy paste

Post by iLC » Thu May 06, 2010 10:12 pm

dear ramisy2k,
your question appears to be a copy paste of another post and therefore unclear. i think thats why everybody skipped your urgent post.

anyway, i can answer the last two questions posed by you (or by someone else)
carrier n. in general, any person or business which transports property or people by any means of conveyance (truck, auto, taxi, bus, airplane, railroad, ship), almost always for a charge. The carrier is the transportation system and not the owner or operator of the system. There are two types of carriers: common carrier (in the regular business or a public utility of transportation) and a private carrier (a party not in the business, but agrees to make a delivery or carry a passenger in a specific instance). Regular transportation systems are regulated by states and by the Interstate Commerce Commission if they cross state lines.
its a copy paste also :ymblushing: