Consistency Among Document

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Janice
First Name: Janice
Last Name: Chong
Organization: Citigroup
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Consistency Among Document

Post by Janice » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:24 pm

This bill had checked as clean and eventually issuing bank quoted disc on the invoice showing quantity differ from other docs. Pls share your opinion whether it is rebuttable.

Invoice presented with 2 items with different quantity and total as below :

Item A - 69458 kgs
Item B - 122459 kgs

Total - 91917 kgs

All other document showing quantity as 191917 kgs which different from the invoice quantity. However, the breakdown was correct and just a typo error on the total quantity i.e. omitted "1" infront. Is this acceptable as typo error and not consider as discrepancy ? Pls comment.

Gart
First Name: Gart
Last Name: Gart
Organization: Finance

Description of goods

Post by Gart » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:07 pm

Janice,

What was description of goods in L/C then:
for goods A and B,
or
general for goods x with quantity y?

Janice

Post by Janice » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:18 pm

The good descrition is same as LC. Just the total quantity inconsistent with other docs.

Thanks !

LCstudent
First Name: Kurt
Last Name: Kehrer
Organization: Bank

Inconsistency among documents

Post by LCstudent » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:30 am

Hi Janice, dear experts !
For my personal opinion wrong figures/miscalculations/summarizing are typo errors by their nature,
but can not be accepted as such under checking docs through the bankers- such obvious differences in weights lead to valid discrepancy, unless they can be amended/rectified, if not countersigned through chamber of commerce and or legalized through embassy/consulate of buyer´s/import country.
Other views are highly appreciated.
Rgds LC Student

berry

discrepant

Post by berry » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:06 am

i would count this as a discrepancy espcially when you say that "all other documents" show the wrong figure. there may be one typo depending on the merit of the document. but not in all. i know all document stand alone under the examination, my opinion assumes there is atleast one document where this figure is important but shown wrong

Janice

Post by Janice » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:10 am

Berry,

The typo was on Invoice total quantity. The breakdown of item quantity was correct and same as other docs. The discrepancy quoted by Issuing bank is :

Invoice showing total quantity as 91917 kgs I/O 191917 kgs. Omitted 1 infront.

nesarul
First Name: Nesarul
Last Name: Hoque
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank

data conflict

Post by nesarul » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:24 pm

dear,
from my point of view, typo is something where the concerning data will not derive two different result...here the situation is not like that...and therefore discrepant.
but the IB clearly reflected its intension to treat the same as typo while its mentioned the said discrepany.....i think there is some room for argument....
Nesar

ORUNMILA
First Name: HEDGAR
Last Name: AJAKAIYE
Organization: ZENITHBANK PLC

it can be ignored

Post by ORUNMILA » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:00 pm

Dear all

i want to differ. since the constituent KGS that ought to have made up the correct total are shown onthe invoice, means that is is just SUMMATION EROR. More so that all other documents carried the correct summation value:191917kgs

Orumila