merge of two declaration

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
edilee
First Name: edilee
Last Name: cdcs
Organization: cdcs
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

merge of two declaration

Post by edilee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:49 pm

L/C requires two different beneficiary's declaration can it be in one declaration including required informations

ozgur murat
First Name: Ozgur Murat
Last Name: TURKMEN
Organization: STFA Construction

re: merge of teo declaration

Post by ozgur murat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:24 pm

Dear Edilee,
Yes, it can be in one declaration including required information (unless otherwise stipulated in l/c conidtions) .. (please refer to. ISBP681-item.8)
Regards,
Ozgur Murat

pablo
First Name: pablo
Last Name: rabizi
Organization: none

par42

Post by pablo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:06 pm

I agree with Ozgur, but in any case two documents must be presented ( see ISBP par. 42)
Rgds

LCstudent
First Name: Kurt
Last Name: Kehrer
Organization: Bank

merge of two documents

Post by LCstudent » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:30 am

dear experts !
IMHO i do not agree with the comments completely, although the reference to para 42 of ISBP is correct, but I prefer to issue two declarations with related content to match the requirement of the said structure of LC in strict compliance to present ALL documents wished.
why to risk any rejection of docs through opening bank while presenting one combined declaration ?
please post the required content/provision to be shown in the docs.
Other comments appreciated.
rgds LCStudent

S.Khalili
First Name: suhail
Last Name: iqbal
Organization: UBL

disagree with LC student.

Post by S.Khalili » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:35 pm

IMHO ur answer do not appear to be right lest there was a prohibition in the credit.

loankim
First Name: Loan
Last Name: Nguyen
Organization: VIB

para 42- not permit

Post by loankim » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi All,

As far as i can remember, i have read somewhere ... that : :-?
As to theory, the spirit of para 42 doesnt mention to permittance of combined document. Something like that , it is not acceptable for the required content of a shipping certificate cant be shown on the face of a bill of lading, even though you can be ensure abt the mumber of originals or copies that are specified in the credit.
However, in practice i still accept a cert. of quality which inclusives the detail of moisture instead of separate cert. of moisure as well as the quantity of presented docs complied with LC terms.
So, i think firstly, need consider the required content of two those declarations , because para 8 and para 42 cant help us have final decisions easily :-\

other comments appreciated !

rgds,