ICC INCOTERMS 2000

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
hassan

ICC INCOTERMS 2000

Post by hassan » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:47 am

Hi,

Considering the fowlloing clause in ICC INCOTERMS 2000 i/e

{ B6 division of costs

the buyer must,subject to the provision of A3 (a) pay,

- unloading costs unless such costs and charges were for the seller account,d under the contract of carriage

…..
{
I understand from above mentioned clause that in terms CPT,CFR, CIF, CIP the costs of unloading, by defult, must be paid by buyer i/e if in the text of an L/C we would have( CPT Dubai) the benef. must pay loading costs, the freight until Dubai but the unloading in Dubai is the function of buyer so it must bear the risk and cost of unloading. Is it right? otherwise please give your comments.
Thank you
hassan

Armagedo

Re: ICC INCOTERMS 2000

Post by Armagedo » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi!

Your understanding quite right/correct.
Mentioned by You "C"-terms provide to the Seller obligations only to load and to pay freight/carriage costs (+insurance, if applicable).

Discharge to be on the Buyer's account IF OTHER IS NOT AGREED BY THE PARTIES.
-----------------
But as far as You're talking about UAE. It is specific destination.
And there discharge fees are usually paid by the shipowners (or their agents) and not receivers (or their agents).
So such discharge charges are included in freight rate and at the end to be paid by the Seller.

They're not 'pure' CFR or CIF Incoterms' terms, but also additionally indicating that discharge charges BUT NOT RISKS are for Seller's account.

Good luck.

hassan

Re: ICC INCOTERMS 2000

Post by hassan » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Dear Armagedo,
thank you for your reply.