Document Send Under Collection Under URC

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
imuwhocares
First Name: imam
Last Name: ahmad
Organization: bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Document Send Under Collection Under URC

Post by imuwhocares » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Documents send against sales contract. Documents release against acceptance. Acceptance receive on full documents value for example $10,000.00. but at the time of payment Buyers Bank made payment $7,000.00. Buyers Bank gives clarification as per buyers request they have made such payment.

now what steps beneficiary/exporter will take to repatriate the balanced amount?

picant

Partial payment

Post by picant » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi Pal,

the collecting bank has no liability as the draft has been accepted by drawee. At maturity it is posible to effect partal payment without delivering the accepted draft and eventually protest it for the unpaid balance.
However a lawyer may help you to obtain the balance.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

imuwhocares
First Name: imam
Last Name: ahmad

Document send under collection URC

Post by imuwhocares » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:43 pm

Thanks for reply...but the collecting bank gave reply as they have close their file and the payment was final...
what type of help remitting bank can sought from collecting bank or what advice/help remitting bank can give to his beneficiary/exporter

picant

No possible....

Post by picant » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:17 am

Hi Pals,

I think you can claim about this, if the collecting bank closed the file, it must return the unpaid document, being bill of exchange or other drawee undertaking. On receipt of this you will start a legal action to recover the amount unpaid.
Try to urge said bank,
Good luck
Ciao

thuyvan
First Name: thuy
Last Name: van

partial payment

Post by thuyvan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:35 pm

I have just read this situation and totally agree with Picant, collecting bank was wrong doing. Our bank-as remitting bank- have had faced the same situations, at last collecting bank transfered the balance after more than a month arguing. Hope that your deal is ok now.