Modus Operandi Of Trade Card Services

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Mehdi

Modus Operandi Of Trade Card Services

Post by Mehdi » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:30 pm

Dear All,

Can any one please highlight on the modus operandi of Trade Card services.

Regards...........Mehdi

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Re: Trade Card

Post by shahriar » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:01 am

dear mehdi,

i always tried to understand trade card in simpler way. let me explain what i understand. to me trade card is a like a ordinary credit card but with greater flexibility and designed especially for supply chain management in business.

In trade card there is a secure online platform where the buyer logged in using his or her card id and place a purchase order. The supplier gets a email notification. The supplier using his or her card can see the details. Negotiation is possible at this stage. The trade card operation can be ended at this stage or taken a further to the payment stage. That is after shipment, the payment instruction can be sent using buyers browser.

Some trade card company offer more. The seller can generate a invoice and packing list using the trade card account. Since these two are similar to the purchase order, seller just need to put some additional information.

Some goes one step further. The automated system can check the discrepancies in the invoice and packing list against their purchase order. Once this is done payment can be executed automatically.
In trade card credit and free days are available like credit card.
One big advantage of trade card is that it allows multi level approval. That is one of your employee initiate the PO while you may review and approve it.

Hope that answers the questions. I will appreciate comments from others.

Regds
shahriar

Mehdi

Post by Mehdi » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:01 pm

Thank you Shariar for the brief but focused description.

Regards,,,,,Mehdi

Md.zakir Hossen

Post by Md.zakir Hossen » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:27 pm

Thanks Shahriar and Mehdi for such a nice Question and replies.I hope all the members wil introduce such new forum topic.