FOB SALE BUT FREIGHT PREPAID BL

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
alibi
First Name: ali ihsan
Last Name: birgul
Organization: kinza
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

FOB SALE BUT FREIGHT PREPAID BL

Post by alibi » Mon May 06, 2019 6:45 pm

Dear all ,

If my sale is FOB , and place of delilvery , port of loading ,port of discharge and place of delivery mentioned on letter of credit and BL is to be presented as " FREIGHT PREPAID" . How can we solve the "place of delivery" on BL if the agent book the shipment as port to port.

abrar
First Name: Abrar
Last Name: Ahmed
Organization: Crown Agents

Re: FOB SALE BUT FREIGHT PREPAID BL

Post by abrar » Sun May 12, 2019 12:22 am

Depends on what your contract terms are with the applicant. Presumably, the seller is arranging to pay the freight direct to you so that you can provide a freight prepaid B/L evidencing port to port shipment. Even if the contract was on FOB terms and freight payable at destination, the B/L would still be required to evidence a port of loading and a port of discharge.

LeThiThuHa
First Name: Le
Last Name: Ha
Organization: Viet Nam

Re: FOB SALE BUT FREIGHT PREPAID BL

Post by LeThiThuHa » Thu May 23, 2019 3:55 pm

Depends on what your contract terms are with the applicant. Presumably, the seller is arranging to pay the freight direct to you so that you can provide a freight prepaid B/L evidencing port to port shipment. Even if the contract was on FOB terms and freight payable at destination, the B/L would still be required to evidence a port of loading and a port of discharge.