LC calls for original BL but copy is presented. Is absence of indication of carrier one of the discrepancies?

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
leekaiyin55
First Name: Lee
Last Name: Kai Yin
Organization: DB
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

LC calls for original BL but copy is presented. Is absence of indication of carrier one of the discrepancies?

Post by leekaiyin55 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:00 pm

LC calls for full set of original ocean BL but only copy of an ocean BL is presented.

My question:
Is the absence of indication of carrier on this copy of ocean BL one of the discrepancies? That means there are 2 discrepancies as below:
1. copy i/o full set of original BL presented
2. copy of BL not indicating the name of carrier.

I'm asking this question as we need to quote all discrepancies in the event of cable negotiation. Some teammates have the idea that discrepancy no. 2 is unnecessary under ISBP745 A6

Thank you!

picant

Re: LC calls for original BL but copy is presented. Is absence of indication of carrier one of the discrepancies?

Post by picant » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:54 am

Hi Pal,

tricky question!
Copy of transport documents are not to be examined as per the relative UCP 600 19-25 articles but as per credit terms,so art. 20 -a-ii named vessel is, in your case, not applicable.
Hoping to have been clear......
Ciao