Modus Operendi Of Export Under Entrepot Mechanism

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Mehdi

Modus Operendi Of Export Under Entrepot Mechanism

Post by Mehdi » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:42 pm

Dear All,

Could anyone please discuss on modus operendi of export under Entrepot mechanism.

Look forward to have a nice discussion on the above topic.

Regards..........Mehdi

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Re: Entrepot

Post by shahriar » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:49 pm

Dear mehdi,
Im sure you have a clear idea about much of these, nevertheless, just for discussion,

Entrepot means a seaport or warehouse where goods are stored until they are shipped. The goods do not face any import or export duties upon shipment from the port or warehouse.

Entrepot Trade is a trade in which imported goods are re-exported with or without any additional processing or repackaging.

I believe you are interested to know how it works in bangladesh. As per import policy 2006-09

14.3 Import for ‘entre-pot’ trade: goods can be imported for ‘entre-port’ trade against back-to- bank L/C of the buyer through Import Permit on returnable basis issued by the office of the Chief Controller of Imports and Exports. Such goods will not be allowed to bring out side of the port area, if the port of entry and port of export is the same, if not, goods can be shifted to the port of export with the permission of Customs Authority on payment of 100% duty & taxes under Duty Draw Bank system or against 100% Bank Guarantee and it is to be exported within the specified time limit. It is to be mentioned in the import declaration that it is ‘entre-pot’ or Temporary import.

That’s all I have right now.

Regd

shahriar

Md.zakir Hossen

Re: Entrepot

Post by Md.zakir Hossen » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:27 am

I want to add:
I have a practical case
One of my client shipped a capital machinery from Chittagong Sea port to Zermany which he imported from Japan:
The requirments are:
01.No objection Certificate from CCI&E
02.Custom official declaration that goods are in their custody
03.No objection Certificate from Bangladesh Bank.

Thanks