Document Against Acceptance

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
zakirnbl
First Name: MOHAMMAD ZAKIR
Last Name: HOSSAIN
Organization: ONE BANK LTD
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Document Against Acceptance

Post by zakirnbl » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:10 pm

We are presenting bank working for exporter in Bangladesh and sent documents to Importer’s country on DA basis.
Their bank has informed us maturity date for effecting payment to us. By this time the date expired for ten days.
We like to remind them by quoting appropriate terms.
I seek experts opinion how to remind them by using appropriate terms.
Zakir

SleepingAngel
First Name: ece
Last Name: ozsoy
Organization: A T BANK

Hi Zakir

Post by SleepingAngel » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:57 am

Hi there
I understand from your post that you sent the docs and buyer's bank has replied that docs been accepted the payment will be effeced on maturity date and still you did not receive the payment.
If you need to write a msg to remind the payment of the docs. you should write an MT499 msg regarding their advise of payment msg and inform them that you have not received a payment of USD/EUR.... related to the docs and repeat the payment instructions ( you may ask from the buyer's bank to credit yr acc.held with a correspondent or ask for authorization to debit their acc. ) that depends on your correspondent relations you also have probably stated in yr cover letter attached to the docs.
if there is still no payment and no answer then may be financial instutaions dept.in your bank need to talk to the buyer's bank to solve the problem.
I hope this is helpful
regards

picant

D/P or D/A not l/c

Post by picant » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:31 am

Hi Pal,

are you speaking about collection on documents against acceptance or usance l/c by acceptance.
In the first case the importer has accepted its own undertaking to pay, the collecting bank may only urge it for a payment or, if requested, sent the unpaid, accepted, draft or bill of exchange to be protested.
A message to drawee would be necessary.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

zakirnbl
First Name: MOHAMMAD ZAKIR
Last Name: HOSSAIN
Organization: ONE BANK LTD

DA

Post by zakirnbl » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:14 am

IT IS FIRST ONE. IMPORTER'S BANK ADVISED US THE MATURITY DATE THROUGH SWIFT .DONT THEY HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY?

picant

no liability

Post by picant » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:01 am

Hi Pal,

no liability for the cellecting bank, I holds the accepted draft for eventual payment at maturity, it is obliged to advise you about the fate.
URC 522 regulate this transaction.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao