LC UNDER DAP

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
SANUSILAMIN
First Name: ALSUNOUSI
Last Name: LAMEEN
Organization: NOC, LIBYA
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

LC UNDER DAP

Post by SANUSILAMIN » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:52 pm

HI EXPERT
I OPENED LETTER OF CREDIT IN FAVOUR OF THE BENEFICIARY AS FOLLOWS:
•COUNTRY OF AN APPLICANT: LIBYA
•COUNTRY OF BENEFICIARY: GERMANY
•DELIVERY TERM: DAP BREMEN
•FILED 60 SHOWS FULL CONTACT DETAILS OF GERMAN CARRIER THAT NOMINATED BY ME AS AN APPLICANT
•PORT OF LOADING: BREMEN PORT
•DISCHARG PORT: BENGHAZI PORT, LIBYA
•FILED 45: REQUESTED GOODS AT DAP BREMEN
MY QUESTION IS " IS FILED NO.45 CORRECT REGARDING DELIVERY TERM ? OR NOT BECAUSE OPENING BANK ASK ME TO AMEND IT TO READ AS : REQUESTED GOODS AT DAP BENGHAZI PORT INSTEAD OF BREMEN PORT AND THE BANK TOLD ME THE DAP TERM FOR DIRECT SHIPPING FROM SELLER TO BUYER WITHOUT BROKER . BUT I DISAGREE WITH THE BANK BECAUSE I THINK I CAN USE DAP TERM FOR INDIRECT SHIPPING THROUGH OUR NOMINATED FRIGHT AGENCY.
PLEASE EXPERTS CHICK AND REVERT ASAP

picant

Re: LC UNDER DAP

Post by picant » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:30 pm

Hi Pal,

DAP, Delivered at place, usually at destination, in your case is a sort EXW.
Naturally the price should be adeguate as the seller has to arrange and pay freight etc.,
The fact that applicant indicated the carrier, IMHO, it means that the latter has to pay the freight,
so I think that the opening bank is correct.
However Incoterm 2020 must be added to DAP, otherwise it is impossible to know liabilities of the parties.
Ciao

SANUSILAMIN
First Name: ALSUNOUSI
Last Name: LAMEEN
Organization: NOC, LIBYA
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Re: LC UNDER DAP

Post by SANUSILAMIN » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:28 am

thank so much Mr.Ciao I have followed this forum because of you I consider you my LC master
thank you again for your kind reply
Regards,
sanusi