port of loading in transferable letter of credit

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
jim

Post by jim » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:27 pm

dear sir,
if a transferable letter of credit shows port x as the port of loading and if it is transfered to a second beneficiary for whom port y is convenient can he ship the goods from port Y?

cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Jim

Post by cristiand969 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:05 pm

I'm afraid I haven't undertood very clear your question but to my best guess you may have asked whether a credit showing Port of loading X permits shipment from port Y under transferred credit.
In accordance with art. 38 g you are not allowed to change anything but few point as described in this article. However, if the goods is shipped from port Y and pass through port X and B/L bears a notation 'shipped on board M/V .... at port X' , you have a compliant transport document.
The journey between port Y and X is not taken ito account when checking transport docs (see art. 20 a iii)

SHAMEER

Post by SHAMEER » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:59 pm

The second bnfys credit must not be change regarding to the port of Loading. It must be same as in the Master L/c

Regards.
MS