how to show the name of the carrier on a transport document

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

how to show the name of the carrier on a transport document

Post by shahriar » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:09 am

dear all,

i would like to have your opinion on the following

ICC Opinion 354
Sub-Article 26(a)(i) requires that the transport document must appear on its face to indicate the name of the carrier or multimodal transport operator. The bill of lading that has been presented does not indicate within the face of the document the name of the carrier. The fact that a shipping company name may appear within the body of the text does not meet the requirements of UCP in the identification of the carrier.
Commentary on UCP600
Sub-article (a) (i) requires that the name of the carrier be indicated on the air transport document. This can be by a specific reference to this capacity within the body of the air transport document, e.g., “ABC Co. Ltd, the carrier” or by the way the respective document is signed, e.g., “For ABC Co. Ltd as carrier”. The manner of signing described here is not exclusive and would include circumstances such as those in which a named agent signs for or on behalf of the [named] carrier.
do you think they conflict?

sunny

ICC

Post by sunny » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:57 am

The ICC draws a sharp line between the words shipping company and carrier. There are situations when they are not the same.

ok12

How to show

Post by ok12 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi,

I agreed with the above mentioned. Don't see any contradictory.

Regards

SHAMEER

how to show

Post by SHAMEER » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi,

I agreed with the mr.sunny

Regards

rockets

Post by rockets » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:35 am

It should show the carrier name