questions related to EUCP

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
berry

questions related to EUCP

Post by berry » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:25 am

dear all,

i have some questions on the following EUCP article -
eUCP - Article e11

Corruption of an Electronic Record After Presentation

a. If an electronic record that has been received by the issuing bank, confirming bank, or another nominated bank appears to have been corrupted, the bank may inform the presenter and may request that the electronic record be re-presented.

b. If the bank requests that an electronic record be re-presented:

i. the time for examination is suspended and resumes when the presenter re-presents the electronic record; and

ii. if the nominated bank is not the confirming bank, it must provide the issuing bank and any confirming bank with notice of the request for re-presentation and inform it of the suspension; but

iii. if the same electronic record is not re-presented within thirty (30) calendar days, the bank may treat the electronic record as not presented, and

iv. any deadlines are not extended.
1. Say the bank start examining the document on 3rd day after receipt and found corrupt. if the record is represented on the 7th day, how much time does the bank bank? 2 days?
2. if the credit expires withing 30 days, then will it be acceptable?

shruti
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 0

eUCP & article e11

Post by shruti » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:15 pm

Dear Berry

bestof luck for 04162009 CDCS
1. Say the bank start examining the document on 3rd day after receipt and found corrupt. if the record is represented on the 7th day, how much time does the bank bank? 2 days?

here, in my opinion , resumes means as verb continue without intruption /break, hence answer is 2 days.

2. if the credit expires withing 30 days, then will it be acceptable?

see (iv) iv. any deadlines are not extended. hence may not be acceptable.

regards nkk ;)

Judith

Another method

Post by Judith » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:54 pm

An easy way of answering suspended / resumed questions in eUCP is the following method.

30-Mar Mon Documents submitted Day 0
31-Mar Tue Day 1
01-Apr Wed Day 2
02-Apr Thu Documents found corrupt and beneficiary informed
Day 3 / Suspended
06-Apr Mon Documents re-presented
Day 3 / Resumed
07-Apr Tue Day 4
08-Apr Wed Day 5 (Last date of refusal)

iLC

i need a calculator

Post by iLC » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:37 pm

dear judith,

good answer. especially on the 3rd day issue. if im correct, then as per your calculation there will be three day for examination following the day of presentation. question is whether we should exclude that day. im putting any opinion here. i am not very happy with article in fact.

a. If an electronic record that has been received by the issuing bank, confirming bank, or another nominated bank appears to have been corrupted, the bank may inform the presenter and may request that the electronic record be re-presented.

i dont like this may here. it actually bringing in a option that the issuing bank may honor the presentation without reviewing a document! doesnt conflict with UCP article 16? correct me if i am wrong.

i am not very good in eucp, but i think there is no provision on time limit within which the issuing bank must inform the beneficiary that the presentation is corrupt.

rockets

??

Post by rockets » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:53 am

?????

ybattia
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Attia
Organization: ABCDEF
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Only 2 days till exammmm!!

Post by ybattia » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:34 am

guyz we need answers for the exam;
1) will the 3rd day be excluded and examination should start the following day or receipt ?
2) what about the expiry date of the credit !! if the e-record is re-presented after it but within the 30 days limit specified !!?

Urgent convenient replies appreciated.