excess payment under letter of credit

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
jabra

excess payment under letter of credit

Post by jabra » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:36 pm

dear sir,

im having increasing event where we receive excess payment under a document forwarded or negotiated by us. if we receive excess of honored value, what we should do the extra fund. so far we are crediting it to the customer account.

Navi
First Name: Olcay
Last Name: Özcan
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

reason of excess payment?

Post by Navi » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:21 pm

Hi friend,

We got used to receive less than required value and had to strive for the missing amount :D I found it interesting that you receive more.

I think you had better ask the bank the reason of excess payment and return the amount. There may be an error in the amount remitted by the bank and may request refund in the future...

REgards

jmitra
First Name: jasmit
Last Name: mitra
Organization: bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

may be not

Post by jmitra » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:41 pm

may be its not a error. there may be some "off" cases where the issuing bank indeed pay more. for example there may be some special negotiation between the applicant and beneficiary. many possibilities are there in this regard. i think its the right thing to ask the issuing bank instead of crediting it client's account. if that is indeed a mistake, the issuing bank may claim a refund and you will be in trouble then.