how to issue the l/c to fulfill my client ask?

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Betty
First Name: Diana
Last Name: Leca
Organization: bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

how to issue the l/c to fulfill my client ask?

Post by Betty » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Hello everybody!!!
I need some opinions from you regarding the issuing of a letter of credit with a "special condition "!!!
My client wants to buy some goods from abroad and then he wants to sell them!!! The problem is that he wants to pay to the seller just the goods he will succeed in selling farther and the other ones to return them back.

I was thinking to put a condition in the l/c with regard to a guarantee issued by the beneficiary's bank to fulfill my client condition....I don't know...Will this condition make the L/C inoperative?
I specify that our client doesn't want a letter of guarantee..he insist upon a documentary credit!!!
Thank you in advance for yr kindness!!!

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

nearly impossible!!

Post by shahriar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:58 pm

i think that would be nearly impossible if its a sight letter of credit. under deferred payment credit might be possible. uuummm... putting a clause like this will in fact bring the applicant in the decision making process. i agree with you. a standby is a better solution in this case. i have another crazy idea! we can use two LCs!! one from buyer to seller and vice versa :lol:

ldt5205

back-to-back LC or transferable LC

Post by ldt5205 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:31 am

I think either a back-to-back LC or a transferable LC will fulfill your client's request.It depends the details of the underlying transactions.