In house Certificate of Origin

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
ghubshawi

In house Certificate of Origin

Post by ghubshawi » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:23 pm

Dear All,

Could any one give some information on "In house Certificate of Origin"?. Is it acceptable under LCs.

Rgds,

Ghubshawi

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

never heard

Post by shahriar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:43 pm

never heard of this term. perhaps a local term and most probably USA. i just got one reference of this on google :(

picant

deutche Uebersetzung

Post by picant » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:59 pm

Hi Pals,

IMHO, in house seems a translation from german IM HAUSE, that means issued by the seller.

Other comments appreciated

Ciao

Judith

Issued by seller / manufacturer

Post by Judith » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:39 am

I have a faint memory of someone saying that these are certificates of origin issued by a person who is a member of a chamber of commerce (but it is not issued BY the chamber of commerce…) But I am not very sure.

Anyhow, since this term is not defined in UCP, I would look to the credit. If the credit also does not provide a definition of this term, I would go by the general meaning of the term “in-house” i.e. “from within” and therefore accept a certificate issued by the seller or even the manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

jmitra
First Name: jasmit
Last Name: mitra
Organization: bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

seller or someone other than seller

Post by jmitra » Sat May 02, 2009 8:46 pm

when i consider the term in house, the immediate reference i remember is house bill of lading. now house bill of lading can be issued by a freight forwarder not by a beneficiary. based on this logic (which is certainly awkward ) i would say its safe to get the certificate from anybody other than the beneficiary. :?