Commision payment

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
KIAS
First Name: KIAS
Last Name: MOURAD
Organization: ILTCO
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Commision payment

Post by KIAS » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:01 pm

We have been as broker in a product A, for export from Turkey to Libya.
We have contract with exporet for our commision, even his bank have signed a paper for us confirming that upon payment occured the bank will automatically transfer our commision.
During this time the exporter have known the end buyer, change the price and payment terms, and refused to pay our commision.
Please advice if we have any chance to be paid throught this bank, CITI BANK.

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank

i dont think

Post by shahriar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:23 pm

i dont think there is any hope here. the bank's commitment is limited to pay commission upon receipt of payment. if the end buyer does not pay, i believe you can not hold the bank responsible for commission.

cvrkswami
First Name: Krishnaswami
Last Name: CVR
Organization: Athena Solutions

commission payment

Post by cvrkswami » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Agree with the views posted. you can also consult your legal experts to verify the undertaking by the bank( if at all whether it is an undertaking). However you have always a recourse legally, but it is for you to decide whether it is worth the effort.

KIAS
First Name: KIAS
Last Name: MOURAD
Organization: ILTCO

commision payment

Post by KIAS » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:53 pm

thank you for response.
we have information that end buyer already paid the seller but in three times, but we dont have any news or info about our payment