Draft Endorsement

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
cdcs2011
First Name: cdcs
Last Name: LL
Organization: ok
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Draft Endorsement

Post by cdcs2011 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:54 pm

Can anyone tell me what the back of the draft states "prior endorsement guaranteed" means?

picant

prior endorsement guaranteed

Post by picant » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:44 pm

Hi Pal,

this clause, more suitable to cheques endorsement than to draft or bill of exchange, indicated that the paying in bank, asking to deposit the cheque in the account with another bank, is guaranteing that endorsements are correct. Now with the fact that many cheques have to be issued "not transferable" this clause refers only to the cheque's beneficiary.
However this clause is requested by US Banks when you send cheques by cash letter.
Some US Banks authorized banks abroad to effect check truncation directly and to send cheques data by electronic system.
Other Comments appreciated
Ciao