Extension of accepted draft

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
cdcs2011
First Name: cdcs
Last Name: LL
Organization: ok
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Extension of accepted draft

Post by cdcs2011 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:22 pm

A D/A has been accepted. In one week before maturity, remitting bank informed the presenting bank that drawer accepted to extend the maturity date for 30 days after the due date. If drawee accepted, will the drawee require to accept a revised draft. Similiar case, if drawer requested to reduce the draft amount, will it need to submit a revised draft for acceptance? If it has been over the draft maturity date, will the drawee just accept the deduction and no need to accept a new draft. If non payment by the drawee, can the presenting bank send the accepted draft of the original amount to remitting bank?

abrar
First Name: Abrar
Last Name: Ahmed
Organization: Crown Agents
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Bills of exchange

Post by abrar » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:59 pm

These are essentially issues which fall outside the abmit of LC operations and UCP.

Personally , I would consider that any variations to the terms of the original payment which is to be reflected through a draft, would either require an authenticated alteration, and a re-acceptance, or cancellation of the previous draft, and re-issuance of a new draft. This would be the only way to protect the interest of both parties, and ensure that the process of protesting (should the need arise) is not compromised