The most important document

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
Sohel Rana
First Name: Sohel
Last Name: Khan
Organization: Bank Asia Limited
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

The most important document

Post by Sohel Rana » Sat May 01, 2010 8:38 pm

Dear all
Can anyone let me know
What is the most important and noticeable documents when a bill is checked for collection?

And what are the major discrepancies?

If beneficiary requests that send the documents with discrepancies then what should the bank do?

Is it possible or wise-able to purchase a discrepant documents? What is the risks in that case?

Any comments are appreciable.

rgds
Sohel

picant

checked???

Post by picant » Sat May 01, 2010 10:53 pm

Hi Pal,

normally a bank in managing a collection, must check the number of documents received by the remitter and if some documents, i.e. bill of lading are in the negotiable form(blank endorsed, order of presenting bank than endorsed in favour of collecting bank etc.). So I consider the Full set bill of lading as the most important document.
Buying goods via discrepant documents(maybe rejected documents under an L/C) could be risky, but naturally will depend on the parties involved; seller, broker, agent etc.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

jmitra
First Name: jasmit
Last Name: mitra
Organization: bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

none

Post by jmitra » Sun May 02, 2010 8:27 am

pure theoretically none of the documents need to be checked because there is no concept like discrepancy in URC. however im aware of the fact that some remitting bank check the documents to be sent under URC against the sales contract. IMHO this is purely to satisfy the principal as there is no significant benefit in getting the payment.

about purchase, the question should be is it wise to purchase document under URC? while it is possible i will avoid to do so unless the principal is a valuable customer of mine and the drawee has a good credit rating

picant

checked

Post by picant » Sun May 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi Pals,

It is no question of discrepancy but simple a question of professional care, in collection I have to check, count the number of documents remitted by my customer and if those are negotiable, permitting the buyer to enter in possess of the goods.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao