which incoterms to use

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
missy
First Name: missy
Last Name: sg
Organization: singapore
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

which incoterms to use

Post by missy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:01 pm

hi kind soul/experts here
i need help!
buyer and me are in the same country.
buyer knows that my goods came from X country.
Customer wants Seller to clear the custom and deliver till their warehouse. The terms indicate by them is DDP.
Delivered duty paid. Is this right?
Under DDP, risk will be on seller until cargo arrives at buyer place am i right?

On docs wise, goods came from x country. Since i am going to deliver this goods under DDP, so can i have me as the consignee, shipper to be my supplier (since is parent company so we are ok that buyer know who is the supplier) on the BL? Since is DDP, and is not via LC. I dont have the give buyer the BL right? WHat docs i need to prepare and give buyer.

:-s

picant

Incoterms

Post by picant » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi Pal,

Incoterms mean International Commercial Terms, so are properly used in international transactions. In domestic trade you have to observe your own Country Laws.
Your case states that you receive goods from abroad, you clear them, then you send the goods to the buyer, that pays you the price that include cargo, insurance, customs duty etc. A part an invoice the buyer will receive copy of inland transport document after having signed the original, held by the driver as proof of delivery.
Naturally, every Country has its own fiscal rule to follow.
Let me know if my advice is applicable in your Country.

Other comments appreciated
Ciao

missy
First Name: missy
Last Name: sg
Organization: singapore
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

which incoterms to use

Post by missy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:56 pm

picant wrote:Hi Pal,

Incoterms mean International Commercial Terms, so are properly used in international transactions. In domestic trade you have to observe your own Country Laws.
Your case states that you receive goods from abroad, you clear them, then you send the goods to the buyer, that pays you the price that include cargo, insurance, customs duty etc. A part an invoice the buyer will receive copy of inland transport document after having signed the original, held by the driver as proof of delivery.
Naturally, every Country has its own fiscal rule to follow.
Let me know if my advice is applicable in your Country.

Ciao
Hi Ciao
Thanks for your advise and reply. Customer revert back saying that wanna use DDP. So meaning i will clear the cargo etc. But one thing on the BL the consignee will be me or my customer? Since i am selling to them DDP, I need to clear the cargo and delivered duty paid to them so meaning the consignee should be my company so in order to clear the cargo and deliver to my customer right? If i am right then i will like to know what docs i need to give to the customer?

picant

which incoterms to use

Post by picant » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi Pals,

IMHO, when the goods have been cleared, all duties paid, you will send them to the buyer, by road etc.
The problem is when you will be paid? If payment has been already made you will send the goods directly to the buyer, if you have to be paid, you will instruct the carrier to consider the goods COD Cash on delivery. The goods will be delivered against payment, by certified or banker draft or any safe mean of payment at your choice.
Please consider the risk:

Ciao